To find out more about Special Discounts, check out the FAQs below:
1. What are Special Discounts?
As mandated by the Philippine Government, qualified Grab users can avail of the following Special Discounts:
- Senior Citizens
Senior Citizens (Grabbers who are 60 years old and above), with valid Senior Citizen IDs may apply for the special Senior Citizen discount to get 20% off their GrabCar and GrabShare rides.
Individuals with valid PWD IDs may apply for the PWD discount to get 20% off their GrabCar and GrabShare rides.
Students from pre-collegiate to collegiate levels with valid Student IDs and current school Registration Forms may apply for the Student Discount to get 20% off their GrabCar and GrabShare rides.
2. Are the Special Discount Promo codes valid for all of Grab’s services?
Your Special Discount promo code is valid for GrabCar (Sedan, 6-Seater and Premium) and GrabShare rides only.
3. Is my exclusive Special Discount promo code transferable? Can I use the promo code even if I’m not the one taking the trip?
No, the promo code will only be valid if the owner of the Special Discount promo code is the passenger. You may bring other passengers along for the ride but you have to book through your registered account.
4. What happens if I use my exclusive Special Discount promo code but I do not have my valid ID?
The Special Discounts promo codes will only be valid if you present your ID (Senior Citizens, PWD or Student ID). Failure to comply will be considered fraudulent and the promo code owner will be penalized by Grab in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of Special Discounts:
Bookings tagged as Fraudulent will be investigated by our Quality Control team. Once a booking is confirmed to be fraudulent, the promo code owner will receive the following penalties:
1st offense: warning via a call and an SMS
2nd offense: Special Discount promo code will be deactivated
Passengers may appeal their 1st offense here: http://grb.to/discountappeal
5. What type of Government ID/s should I submit?
1. Social Security System - SSS ID / Unified Multi-Purpose Identification (UMID) Card
2. Land Transportation Office (LTO) Driver’s License, Professional Regulatory Commission (PRC)
3. Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) / Integrated Department of Labor and Employment (iDOLE) card
4. Commission on Elections (COMELEC) Voter’s ID or Voter's Certificate or Voter’s Registration Record from COMELEC Head or Regional Office
5. Current Valid ePassport
6. Philippine National Police (PNP) Firearms License