What is the feature about?
- This is an improved version of the App's current SOS/Emergency feature
- You can now add and save up to 3 emergency contacts into your account
- In case of an emergency, you can trigger an SMS to alert to your emergency contacts through the Emergency button
- If triggered during a ride, the SMS will contain your ride details
- You will still be able to call the Police via the Emergency button (if the feature is enabled in the country)
- There will also be a secondary *Auto-alert (beta) feature where emergency contacts can receive an automated SMS alert if Grab detects any unusual ride patterns
What are the feature's benefits?
- In case of an emergency, there is now a faster and easier way for you to send out an alert with your ride information to your loved ones.
What will change?
- When the SOS / Emergency button is pressed, a menu option will now appear
What does this product not do?
- The Police are not informed when an SMS alert is triggered to your emergency contacts
- This feature sends an SMS message (not WhatsApp, LINE, etc.), so make sure that your emergency contacts are able to receive SMSes
*This is based on your previous ride patterns, as well as the time and destination of the current ride (e.g. late night ride to a remote location). If Grab deems the ride as unusual, an auto-alert SMS will be triggered. Grab will work on constantly improving its systems to detect unusual ride patterns.