If you are someone's Emergency Contact and receive an SMS alert:
- Stay calm
- Tap on the link in the SMS to view the ride details
- Attempt to contact the passenger
- If you are unable to contact the passenger or you believe that he/she is in an unsafe situation, please contact the Police at 999 immediately
Type of SMS the Emergency Contact will receive
1. Someone added you as an Emergency Contact
- No action is required from you. Your friend is not in danger.
- This message is to notify you that you have been added as an Emergency Contact.
- If you do not wish to be added as an Emergency Contact, contact your friend directly and get him/her to remove your details.
- You will not receive another SMS when you are removed as an Emergency Contact
2. The passenger triggers an emergency alert while in transit
3. The passenger triggers an emergency alert when not in transit
4. Grab detects an unusual ride pattern and sends an auto-alert SMS
🙌🏻 This feature will be made available for all users by end June 2018.